|»||New PCI Compliance Rules To Impose Significant Burdens On Merchants
|»||netVigilance gets 5 stars by SC Magazine 4 years in a row
|»||Focuses exclusively on solutions for Network Vulnerability Detection and Assessment, Including PCI compliance
|»||Automatically produces robust reports that describe how to fix vulnerabilities, saving its customers tens of thousands of dollars per year in time and effort that competitive solutions require
|»||Has Extremely low false positive rate, enabling you to focus your resources on fixing actual vulnerabilities
Is an active member of the PCI ASV Task Force and the CVSS SIG under first.org, where we are a leader in industry efforts to improve these key standards
|»||Goes Beyond Compliance to ensure your security
Service Level Agreement
brings you Beyond Compliance
Fact: netVigilance constantly works to reduce the risk of Vulnerability Assessment
Service Level Agreement
Maintenance and Support
1. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
NETVIGILANCE SOFTWARE AND ANY NETVIGILANCE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” NETVIGILANCE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. NETVIGILANCE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET COMPANY’S OR ITS END USERS’ REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
2. Limitation of Liability
The Software tests the security of Company’s or its end user’s data network and equipment by manual and automatic simulated attacks. This probing Software testing carries with it the risk of causing harm or interruptions to hardware, computer programs, data and systems. Company agrees that netVigilance will not be liable for such harm in connection with performance under this Agreement.
IN NO EVENT SHALL NETVIGILANCE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. NETVIGILANCE'S LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY COMPANY TO NETVIGILANCE DURING THE 12 MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING ACCRUAL OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
Upon payment of all applicable fees, netVigilance will provide the following maintenance and support to Company:
3. Software Installation. netVigilance will use its reasonable judgment to determine the number of Software agents necessary for Company to use the Software as intended. For large networks, netVigilance may request a network map to better position agents. Company will make available the hardware and Company resources requested by netVigilance to facilitate installation.
4. Company Cooperation. netVigilance’s obligations under this Agreement are subject to Company providing netVigilance with full co-operation and such information as may be required by netVigilance to render the Services, including but not limited to, the provision of applicable IP addresses. netVigilance will provide Company with the current problem documentation and support procedures. Company shall supplement or modify its operating methods as reasonably required to make effective use of the Software and Services.
5. General. Depending on the Software or Services ordered, the Service may consist of an Internet application placed in netVigilance’s datacenter, data access (as available), temporary data storage and Software agents to be deployed on end users’ sites. Software may be located on netVigilance’s, Company’s or end users’ premises. Company and its end users are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all computer hardware, software and communications equipment placed outside of netVigilance’s premises needed to use the Software and/or access the Service, and for paying all third-party access charges (e.g., kiosk, ISP, telecommunications) incurred while using the Software or Service.
6. Updates. netVigilance shall provide electronically to Company periodic updates to the intrusion signature and vulnerability signature database (“Database”) and the Software. netVigilance shall have sole discretion as to when or whether to release Software or test case updates.
7. Technical Contacts. Company shall designate a primary and secondary technical contact (the "Named Contacts") that shall be the sole interface with netVigilance. Company may designate replacements for the designated individuals in writing. Failure to provide such notice may result in Company’s employee being denied access to the support services until written notice is received.
a. Name: b. Name:
Contact Information: Contact Information:
8. Support. netVigilance shall use reasonable efforts either to correct or provide instructions for circumventing any errors discovered in the Software. netVigilance shall provide reasonable telephone technical support during the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday US Eastern Time, excluding U.S. public holidays, regarding technical problems, documentation interpretation, installation, configuration and operation of the Software.
a. Company may report defects regarding the Software to netVigilance by telephone or electronic mail to support at Company shall notify support and make every reasonable effort to send an example from the run where the error occurred, together with a listing of the related input where reasonably appropriate, and a written explanation of where Company believes the error to lie. Reported defects have to be reproduced prior to being assigned a priority number.
b. Reported defects are assigned by priority when reproduced:
· Priority 1: The reported defect is a fault of general application that results in Company being unable to use the Software. netVigilance shall use reasonable commercial efforts to commence remedial action within 48 hours of receipt of notice and full documentation of the defect.
· Priority 2: Serious defects that result in significant production reduction or where functionality is disabled. netVigilance shall use reasonable commercial efforts to commence remedial action within 72 hours after receipt of notice and full documentation of the defect.
· Priority 3: Other reported defects. netVigilance shall use reasonable commercial efforts to commence remedial action within one week after receipt of notice and full documentation of the defect. Company will be informed about whether the defect/error will be remedied or corrected in a subsequent version of release or in a generally issued defect remedy or correction.
9. Specific Exceptions to Support. netVigilance shall have no obligation to support or remedy defects resulting from a) changes made to Software, except if those changes have been authorized by netVigilance in writing; b) use of Software not in accordance with documentation; c) defects caused by products other than the Software, i.e. the Company’s or end user’s hardware, operating system, routers, anti-virus, personal firewalls, etc.; or d) use of versions of the Software which are older than the current version. netVigilance may charge at its normal billing rates when providing support for defects caused by the above exceptions.